Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving away from home!

So, Katie and I had our first Thanksgiving away from either of our homes yesterday, and it was a LOT of fun! We had 12 people over, people from our ward as well as from the theatre department. There was much delicious food and lots of fun :) Me and Katie made the Turkey, and it actually turned out really good (thanks Dad!). Other yummy things we had were stuffing, freshly made rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, corn casserole, ham, yams, apple pie, banana cream pie, coconut cream pie, pumpkin pie.... and maybe some other stuff too! It was all SO good! Adah had a lot of fun too. We let her drink soda, and she drank about 3 or 4 cups worth of cream soda and got pretty wired up on all the sugar. The picture below is her dipping her barbie into her soda, I think she was surprised I busted her :)


A sample of what we had to eat. These were actually the leftovers, yay for Thanksgiving!

One of our friends had a fancy whipping cream dispenser that used Co2 gas for the pressure. Our friend April squeezed the trigger a little too hard and there was an explosion :)

Adah with our friend Matt, who kind of looks a tiny bit like my brother Todd.

Me carving the Turkey! It's a lot harder than it looks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Did you guys do all the cooking? Adah is so dang cute! I just love her curly blond hair and blue eyes. Can't wait to see you guys in California.

Mindy Curtis said...

Your daughter is adorable, just like both of you. Heart!

Richie said...

I saw the picture of your friend before I read the caption, and I totally thought it was your brother. Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope you had a blast with the show.