Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're in Moscow!/ Our first post in MONTHS!

Sorry it's taken so long to make a post since we've been here in Moscow, and in a super duper long time in general! BUT, better late then never, so enjoy.

As far and Katie and Lanny news, we're both settling in nicely. Katie's business is going really well, and it is nice that she is able to be at home with Adah. I started school this week, and am teaching two sections of Public Speaking which is cool, AND it is paying for my school. But, best of all, I found out this week that I have already been cast as the lead in a show up here!!! Woot! I'll be playing Howie in the play "Rabbit Hole", which some of you may remember cause my wife was in it earlier this year.

Anyway, here is some pictures so you can kind of see where we are. First and foremost, this is our house. We live in the bottom of it, but it is a LOT bigger than our last apartment which is really nice! Our old apartment was 2 bed 1 bath and had about 800 sq. ft. of space. This one is 3 bd. 1 1/2 bath and about 1400 sq. ft with a really really big living room and kitchen area. We were even able to have just a workout room which is cool.



This is Adah out back of our house. Our backyard connects directly to this enormous field that is pretty fun for Adah to go run around in and get some exercise and stuff like that.



Adah has really started to enjoy flowers. This is her trying to pick some. When we were out in the yard today she was walking around and really excitedly yelling "flar, flar, flar, flar, flar....!!!" (that's how she says it). Besides that, she's talking a lot now in general. She is getting really good at identifying things by pictures and what not. Some of our favorites are "salami", "pickle", "caterpillar", "sooo pretty" (which she says if she wants to wear a certain outfit), "brush teeth", "yogurt" (she eats 2 or 3 a day right now and would eat more if we didn't curb it a little) and many other fun things. She probably says 100 to 150 or so words maybe.



Just another really cute little picture of Adah in a fall outfit. It's been raining and cold about 50% of the time since we've been here so we're not wearing many summer clothes for now.


Anyway, that's about all for now. We'll try and do a lot better about posting things since we're far away from everyone now. Love you all!

6 comments:

Lecia Langston said...

Wow! It doesn't seem possible, but Adah just gets cuter and smarter everyday! It sounds like you are well on your way to a new adventure. We miss you already. . . Moscow seems so much farther away than Logan, BUT we know you are doing the right thing for your future!

annette said...

I agree! I've only seen pictures and heard the stories, but Adah gets cuter and cuter. But I always found that to be true of Katie Keene. I'm sure Lanny gets cuter and cuter, but I've only met him once.

Erica said...

So cute, and i'm excited you updated! Keep it up! Congrats on the lead in a play.

Anonymous said...

You guys should build a base ball field in your back yard, or an ostridge farm. It looks cloudy and cold.

Todd Langston said...

Man o' man I miss that cute little gal Adah berry..
I kinda' miss you guys too :)

I'm definitely going to have to come and visit soon

Richie said...

Congrats on your first role there, and I hope by now you're all settled in. We've still got a few boxes left to unpack, and I just got back from call backs for Antigone. I'm called back for Creon. Of course I thought of you when you played my daddy. Of course I also thought of Melissa as Ismene biffing it on her exit and crawling off stage!